There is some basic and general information that need to be known first in order to understand what Prostate cancer is. First of all it is only something that is found in men. It is a gland. The gland is located in the front area of the rectum and below the urinary bladder. Interms of the size that the prostate is, it varies with the age of the man. Meaning in a younger man it is about the size of a walnut. But in older men it is much larger. The prostate has to make fluid to protect and nourish the sperm cells in semen, making it more liquid. Behind the prostate are glands called the seminal vesicle.There is much more detailed information about prostate caner here. However, the process and the various stages that a man goes through with prostate cancer is very devastating along with it being frightening.
What do I need to know about treatment for prostate caner?
There are also some very important things to remember when it comes to the kind of treatments to have for prostrate cancer. Here is a list of them.
- Be sure to know the choices for your treatment
- Medical procedures today are much easier to perform
- Make the decision that is right for you.
- Do your homework and get a second opinion of another doctor
- Do your own personal research on your diagnosis
- Be open and honest with your spouse or partner ( they play an important role in you making your decision)
- Get involved with support groups and survivors of prostate cancer
- Be hopeful and know that there is life after prostate cancer
Whether you are a young man or an older man, get all the information you can about prostate cancer. Because once you do you will be able to make a decision with a bit of peace of mind. Thank you for reading and visiting. I hope you have found this information helpful. If so please leave your comment, question or suggestion below this post.
Here are other men’s health issues that may interest you: